To help you keep you hand made silver jewellery as stunning as the day your jewellery gift arrives, we’ve put together a few simple tips and hints to ensure your silver jewellery – whether a hand made Swarovski crystal silver necklace, heavy hand made silver charm bracelet or silver earrings – stays simply stunning!
Silver jewellery tarnishes with use and exposure to the elements, and will tarnish to varying degrees according to each individual’s skin type.
To clean your silver jewellery use a soft cloth and warm water with a mild detergent (washing up liquid). Rinse your jewellery in clean water after cleaning and dry thoroughly with a clean soft cloth.
If your silver jewellery is heavily tarnished you can polish with silver anti-tarnish paste (follow instructions on container) or with a silver polishing cloth.
Silver is a soft metal and needs to be carefully looked after:
- avoid direct contact with chemicals e.g. perfumes, hairsprays, body creams etc as this will accelerate tarnishing
- remove your hand made silver jewellery when bathing, swimming and playing sports
- avoid wearing your earrings in bed
- keep your jewellery in its own box when not being worn
- To clean your pearl jewellery or Swarovski crystal jewellery use a dry smooth cloth and ensure anti-silver paste doesn’t come into direct contact, if cleaning silver within the same piece